Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Super Soft Peanut Butter Cookies

 

I was travelling with my husband last summer from Bozeman to Salt Lake. Since our road took us right past my daughter's home, we arranged to make a quick stop there. She put one of these warm, perfect cookies into my hand as we were driving away; making it a very pleasant trip indeed. If you are a peanut butter fan (like me) this is the best homemade peanut butter cookie I have come across. 

Super Soft Peanut Butter Cookies


1 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar

Cream together, then add:
1 egg
1 Tbsp. vanilla

Stir in:
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Drop onto greased baking sheet; flatten with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 min. Take them out while still doughy looking. Cool, store in an airtight container.

Variation: decrease flour to 1 c. add 1 c. oats and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Yummy and hearty.

Notes: I haven't tried the variation yet.

Jenny


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!