Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce

This is a fast, easy, creamy sauce.  It is a recipe my daughter learned at school and we have made it regularly since it came home to us.  It is easy to adjust the amounts to make more or less. I like the extra cheese flavor the cream cheese adds.

Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce
4 oz. cream cheese
4 Tbsp. butter
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

3 c. pasta

Boil pasta in water, according to directions, drain. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, over low heat, heat cream cheese and butter stir until melted.  Add Parmesan, milk and garlic powder.  Stir until smooth and creamy.  Pour sauce over cooked pasta.  Add any extras you like.  Top with Parmesan, and serve right away.

Notes:  I use a bit more milk in this to thin it, you can adjust to taste.  I also like salt and pepper and some onion powder in the sauce.  You can make more or less by just noting proportions: 1 oz. cream cheese to 1 Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. Parmesan and 1 Tbsp. milk.  Add or subtract according to the number you are serving.  The pasta in this photo has chunks of chicken and the sauce stirred in.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!