Monday, November 8, 2010

Honey Bee Cookies

I think baked goods sweetened by honey have a warm taste to them.  These are even better the second day, but they don't last that long anymore around here!  I double the batch.  The recipe comes from a children's cookbook produced by Gold Medal Flour called Alpha Bakery.

Honey Bee Cookies
1/2 c. margarine or butter,softened
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. honey
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Heat the oven to 375 degrees.  Beat margarine, brown sugar, honey and egg in a medium bowl on medium speed, scraping the bowl, until smooth.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake until set and light brown around the edges (surfaces of cookies will appear shiny), 7-9 min.  Let stand 3-5 min. before removing from cookie sheet with a metal spatula onto a wire rack.  Makes 36 cookies.
Variations: Honey Cinnamon Cookies: 2 Tbsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon and sprinkle on cookies immediately after removing from the oven.
Honey Coconut Cookies: Stir 1 c. shredded coconut into batter.

Jenny


2 comments:

Jenny McAllister said...

we Love those Honey Bee Cookies! I've been playing around with it-adding different nuts/spice combos. It's such a good, basic dough I haven't had any bad results! And they never last long! I'm going to try making them to use for ice cream sandwiches after a bbq this weekend. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Jenny McAllister said...

NOTE: Above comment submitted to my email from a reader who is making some very tasty cookies with this basic dough. Thanks for the feedback, Jessi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!