Friday, May 14, 2010

My Baking Buddies

If you browse a few of my photos, it won't take you long to spot the Pampered Chef Stoneware.  I consider it among my adored things.  I bought my first stone almost 14 years ago, and it is still making pizzas.  My favorite ones are the 9x13 baker, the bar pan and the muffin stones.  I seem to use them all the time.  I know the are terribly expensive, but I usually give a party for a local consultant and get them at least half off.  The favorite qualities are: they cook so evenly, I can rely on them for great results, they clean up so quickly, and they can go in the microwave.  I once forgot a cobbler in the oven.  We left the house and it was there for two hours more than it should have been!  It was a dark brown, and carmelized, but cleaned right out of the pan.  Nothing was black, my house was not on fire, what's not to love?  Well, now that I have asked, they are heavy and bulky to store, but that is the same thing that makes them great for baking.
Jenny

4 comments:

Nanette said...

Oh I have always wanted to invest in some good stones! One day, one day they will be mine!
I think the favorite thing at my house is the immersion blender-its amazing and we seem to use it daily.

The Land of the Blue Flower said...

When you get a new stone, you used to bake something on it to get the seasoning process going. What was it?

Jenny said...

Blue Flower, you bake anything greasy. Crescent rolls are popular.

The Land of the Blue Flower said...

thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!