Monday, August 12, 2013

Sourdough Zucchini Cake


I have a cookbook for using sourdough that I have been enjoying lately.  There were several cakes in it, but not a zucchini cake, so I've done a bit of this and that to several recipes and converted it to sourdough.  The result was yummy!  I'm putting the recipe here for safe keeping.  You can try it too, if you like. (If this looks good, but you don't want a sourdough version, here is a regular Zucchini Cake)

Sourdough Zucchini Cake
3 c. grated zucchini
2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1/2 c. sourdough start
4 eggs
Combine in a large bowl and stir.  Add:
3 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped walnuts
Stir together.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min.  Cool and frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Notes: here is a link for a recipe to make your own Sourdough Start.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!