Friday, March 22, 2019

Sourdough Quick Scones

I grew up with the word scone meaning dough stretched or rolled and fried in oil. Now I live further East, and I see that I have to explain myself, because these are not like their English baked cousins of the same name. Whatever you like to call them, these are delicious! Years ago the basic recipe came from my Aunt, which you can find here: Quick Scones.  I have since modified the recipe to use with a Sourdough Start. These are fluffier with the start added, and I prefer them this way now. We love them for breakfast.

Sourdough Quick Scones

2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sourdough start
4 tsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
1 c. water

Mix all ingredients in a bowl to make a dough. Let it rest 5 min. while you heat  about 1/2 inch of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Turn dough out onto floured surface and pat or roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a pizza cutter into 2 1/2 inch squares or pieces. Stretch each piece of dough a little before you place into hot oil. Fry until golden, drain on paper towel. Serve rolled in sugar or with butter and jam or honey butter. 

Notes: If you want to try my regular yeast scones, the recipe is here: Ever-ready Scones.

Jenny

3 comments:

dịch thuật chuyên nghiệp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
shubham said...

ONE OF THE BEST BLOG I JUST WANT TO SAY YOU THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING BLOG THIS BLOG IS SO USEFUL FOR ME SAME LIKE THAT IO HAVE ONE BLOG IF YOU WANT TO READ SO CLICK HERE Best Restaurants in Netaji Subhash Place

shubham said...

I just want to say You thank You so Much for this amazing blog similar blog I have also want to read my blog so click here Best Restaurants in Netaji Subhash Place

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!