Monday, May 3, 2010

Ever-ready Scones

 
The dough for these scones will last in your refrigerator for quite a while, so you can enjoy them for several meals.  We like scones rolled in sugar for breakfast, under chili for Navajo tacos, or with honey butter as a side dish. This is also a good recipe to pull out when entertaining, it makes a bunch and everyone loves a hot scone!

Ever-ready Scones
1 qt. buttermilk
2 Tbsp. yeast
2 Tbsp. sugar
½ tsp. soda
1 ½ tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. oil
2 beaten eggs
3 tsp. baking powder
8 c. flour

Heat buttermilk to lukewarm. Mix the yeast with the flour and add all ingredients together; mix into soft dough. Let rise. Cut and cook in hot oil. Makes large batch, dough will keep in refrigerator for 3 weeks.

Jenny


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!