Monday, May 3, 2010

Pizza Crust

This is a very easy, basic crust that goes together quickly.  I have a Pampered Chef pizza stone that I use to bake pizza. The photo shows a sausage pizza and a "supreme".  You can top it with what ever toppings you like, some ideas follow the recipe.

Pizza Crust
1 Tbsp. yeast
1 ½ c. hot water
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. oil
3 ½ c. flour

In a bowl, mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt.  Add water and oil. Mix and let rest 15 min. Roll or pat out into your pan, add toppings and bake at 400 degrees for 20 min. Makes 2 medium pizzas with a thin crust, or fills a cookie sheet.

Notes:  I grease my stone, dump half the dough on it, then spray the top of the dough with cooking spray and roll it out right on the pan.  This allows me to handle the slightly sticky dough.  Top with a spaghetti sauce and your favorite toppings.  I have never had to pre-bake this crust.  If you like Papa Murphy's garlic chicken pizza, use a generous amount of Ranch dressing for the sauce and sprinkle with garlic salt, then some chicken and cheese.  Barbecue sauce can be used for a barbecue chicken pizza too, top with cooked, diced chicken and thin-sliced onion.  If you only want one pizza, top the other half of the dough with Italian dressing, a sprinkling of mozzarella and Parmesan and bake for the yummiest bread sticks!
Barbecue Chicken Pizza

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!