Monday, May 3, 2010

Quick Mix (Bisquick Substitute)

This recipe is a Bisquick look-a-like from the Make a Mix cookbook.  I love this book, and many of the mixes in it have been a staple on my shelf for years! You can substitute this for Bisquick in any recipe.

Quick Mix (Bisquick Substitute)
8 1/2 c. flour
4 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. instant non-fat dry milk powder
2 1/4 c. vegetable shortening

In a large bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.  With a pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles cornmeal in texture.  Store in an air-tight container in a cool place, use within 12 weeks.  Makes about 13 c. mix.

Here is a link to some more mix cooking using ideas from USU Extension services.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!