Monday, May 3, 2010

Heavenly Dinner Rolls


Almost always when I make rolls, I use my 90 Minute Bread recipe.  This is the exception.  These are light and wonderful!

Heavenly Dinner Rolls (Taste of Home)

2 Tbsp. yeast
4 c. warm milk
1 c. shortening
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
¼ c. warm water
1 c. sugar
About 7 ½ c. flour
1 tsp. soda
Melted butter

In mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, sugar, shortening and 4 c. flour. Beat until smooth. Cover and let rise in warm place for 2 hours. Add baking powder, soda, salt and enough remaining flour to make a soft, slightly sticky dough. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Grease ¼ c. measure and use to drop onto greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise 30 min. Bake at 350 for 10-15 min. until lightly browned. Brush with butter if desired. Dough may be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Baked rolls may be frozen. Makes 5 doz.

Notes: To make this with rapid rise yeast combine 4 c. flour, yeast and sugar.  Heat milk until hot, not boiling, add to flour mix then proceed as detailed above.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!