Monday, May 3, 2010

Bag End Brown Bread

Named for Bilbo's house in the Lord of the Rings, this bread recipe came from Recipezaar.  We love it! It reminds me of brown sugar muffins.

Bag End Brown Bread
1 c. milk
2 eggs
½ c. butter, softened
¼ c. honey
¼ c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 c. whole wheat flour
Chopped nuts (opt.) and Seeds for the top.

Mix in order given. Stir nuts in last, pour into well-greased loaf pan, sprinkle with seeds. Cover loosely with foil, shiny side up, and bake at 350 for 50 min. Test with at toothpick. Serve hot.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!