Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quick Scones

This recipe is really more like a fried biscuit than a traditional scone, but I love, love this recipe!  It can be ready in about 20 min. making it a quick breakfast, an easy side dish, or a desperation dinner topped with canned chili and cheese for Navajo Tacos.  I also love that this recipe uses only a little oil in a skillet, instead of deep frying.  Cheaper that way! 

I heat the oil during the 5 min. the dough is resting.  Then I use cooking spray to coat my cutting board and dump the dough out onto that.  I spray the dough with cooking spray and roll it out, then I cut it with a pizza cutter into small squares and fry in oil.

Quick Scones

3 c. flour
4 tsp. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
1 ¼ -1 ½ C. water

Mix ingredients. Let rest 5 min. Handle dough as little as possible. Shape scones and fry in a little hot oil. (Can also be deep fried). Serve with honey butter or roll in sugar. Serve warm.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!