Saturday, May 28, 2011

Eggplant Parmesan

I love this stuff, but my kids don't, so I make just a little pan as a side dish.  Here is the recipe:
Eggplant Parmesan
1 large eggplant
1 egg, beaten
1 c. dry bread crumbs
olive oil for frying

2 c. spaghetti sauce
8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. butter

Peel eggplant and slice into about 1/4 inch slices. Salt the slices and place on a plate between two layers of paper towel. Weight down with another plate and set aside to drain for about 1 hour.  Pat slices dry with another paper towel and heat oil in a frying pan.  Dip eggplant slices in beaten egg, dredge them in bread crumbs and fry in hot oil until golden on both sides.  Drain on paper towel. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a small baking dish with pan spray. (I use a pie plate.) Layer eggplant, sauce, cheeses and repeat layers as you would for a lasagna.  Finish with a cheese layer.  Cut up butter and dot the top.  Bake for 25-30 min. (The picture was taken just before popping it in the oven.)
Jenny

1 comment:

Mrs_Snelly said...

I know this isn't a recent post, but I wanted to let you know how much I like just the breaded eggplant - I need to try the whole recipe sometime, but the family likes the fried and breaded veg just fine. The kids are usually a little skeptical, but they do fine with it if we can get them to just taste it. It's a nice change from the zucchini overload that is summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!