Monday, May 9, 2011

Luscious Lime Pie

This sounded so good to me for Mother's Day!  It is a simple recipe, and my girls made it for me.  Honestly, I thought it was already posted, as it is such a family favorite, but when I came to look it up, NO!  This was a favorite of my late father-in-law, he loved Marie Callendar's key lime, but this was good enough for happiness. I think the recipe came from a Pampered Chef season's best years ago.

Luscious Lime Pie
1 prepared graham cracker crust
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 c. lime juice
1 Tbsp. lime zest
1 (8 oz.) container whipped topping, divided

In a bowl, with an electric blender or whisk, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.  Stir in lime juice and zest. Fold in 2 c. whipped topping.  Pour into pie crust and chill 30 min.  Garnish with remaining whipped topping.

Note: you can add a drop or two of green food coloring to the filling, if you like.
Jenny

2 comments:

AO said...

I'm TOTALLY putting this on my to make list....I would make it this week, but need to put sweetened condensed milk on my list :)

Highroad Seeker said...

This is an AMAZING pie! I used to sell PC and it was a favorite, and so easy! The original recipe had a crust made from crushed Nilla Wafers and butter, which is sooo delicious! Crush 45 Nilla Wafers and combine with 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine, press into 10" springform pan, bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool, then proceed with the recipe as stated here. Just found my original recipe card for this pie and I'm going to make it soon! Thanks for posting this here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!