Monday, September 12, 2011

White Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

While waiting for my husband to do some banking at the grocery store, I was browsing in a BBQ cookbook and found a recipe for a white barbecue sauce.  I was interested to try it, but it turned out to be way too vinegar for our tastes (I almost wonder if it was really a misprint in the book!) So we have experimented to come up with our own white barbecue sauce and this is the favorite way to eat it so far.

White Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
1 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. sour cream
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp. Greek Seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
4-5 grilled chicken breasts

Combine mayo, sour cream and seasonings and stir well.  Chop chicken breasts really fine (you could use a food processor) and stir together with the sauce.  Heat if needed.  (I put the hot chicken into the sauce and serve it quickly.) Serve on buns.  Makes about 15 sandwiches on regular hamburger buns.

Jenny

3 comments:

AO said...

I'm curious as to your thoughts on smoked paprika (I read another blog that LOVED it) and what about Greek seasoning? I just may make these this week.....

Leslie McAllister said...

MMMM these are really good! Even if the sauce is to sour for your taste, just trust the recipe, because when you put it on the bun, it tastes perfect!

Je9Jeanine said...

Yum! I was needing another idea for lunches.. I am pinning this. Are you on pintrest.com yet? If so I will follow you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!