Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Caramel Pear Pudding

I visited with a friend yesterday who told me she doesn't like pie!  I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't like one kind of pie or another, but she doesn't like the crust, so anything you put on it is basically insulted by the proximity of the crust.  Well, Jen, this kind of dessert is for you.  All the lovely fruity splendor of pie, no crust to worry about!  And for me, this is just what fall is about, those gorgeous fall fruits made into comforting warm food--best served with ice cream.  This one comes from Taste of Home in 1999.

Caramel Pear Pudding
1 c. flour
2/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
pinch of ground cloves
1/2 c. milk
Combine the above ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth
Stir in:
4 medium pears, peeled and cubed
1/2 c. chopped pecans
Spoon into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
In another bowl, combine the topping ingredients:
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter or margarine
3/4 c. boiling water
Pour over batter.  Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.  Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!