Saturday, May 11, 2013

Yellow Cake (Three Egg Cake)

A yellow cake from scratch. Recipe from Great Grandma's Good Housekeeping Cookbook.

Yellow Cake (Three Egg Cake)
3 C. sifted flour (use cake flour if you can find it, if not, sift or fluff your flour with a spoon before measuring)
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs, well beaten
3/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.  In a mixing bowl, cream together shortening and sugar.  Add eggs and mix well.  Add flour mixture and milk alternately in thirds, beating well after each addition. (More on how to do this here.)  Stir in vanilla. Bake in a 9x13 at 350 degrees for 40 min. or in layer pans for about 25 min.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!