Saturday, February 15, 2014

Dill Onion Bread

This bread is very delicious!  The recipe makes only one loaf, and my family inhaled that, so next time, I'll be doubling it.  I made this in my food processor, but you can do it by hand if you like, and when I double it, it will have to go in the mixer.

Dill Onion Bread
1/3 c. finely chopped onion
1/2 c. cottage cheese
1 egg
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1/2 c. warm water
Place onion in bowl of food processor and process until finely chopped, then add other ingredients and pulse to mix.  Add:
2 c. flour
1/2 c. wheat germ
1/3 c. bran cereal
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. yeast
1 tsp. dried dill weed
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
Pulse to mix.  Add a little extra flour, a bit at a time until the mix comes together and forms a ball in the bowl. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top.  Let rise until doubled (about an hour). Form a loaf and place in greased pan.  Let rise again.  Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 40 min. or until golden.

Notes: To do this without a food processor, chop onion very fine with a knife.  Combine wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Add dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon.  Add flour a little at a time, kneading to form a still slightly sticky dough. Let rise and continue as directed.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!