Saturday, December 20, 2014

Life Happenings and Merry Christmas

It has been so long since I've stopped for a breather to write here.  This school semester has been the busiest of our homeschool history and a few other things have gone on in our lives since my last post.  My husband started a full time salaried position which has been more structured work time than his real estate work was, but comes with a more structured pay schedule for which I am extremely grateful!  Our son told us on Labor Day weekend that he had just proposed to a lovely young woman, and they were married in November.  We purchased a new house that was in need of remodel, and we have been working to deal with financing and electrical, plumbing and inspections...ugh. And, of course, our home we are currently in has been on the market. My oldest daughter has been preparing to leave for college in January. Things have been an even bigger zoo than the McAllisters are usually known for, so forgive me my internet silence.  I have some lovely recipes I have been trying lately, and if I can only find my camera cord in all the nonsense around here, someday I may post one of them!  In the mean time, I wanted to take a minute while I have one, to talk about Christmas.

I'm so grateful to take a month each year to celebrate with outer trappings--bows, trees and lights--the gift that Heavenly Father gave to all the world long ago.  I love friends, family and store attendants wishing me a Merry Christmas, and I wish one for all of them too. I am passionate about a beautiful table surrounded by loved ones and covered with good food. A feast, reminiscent of the ones declared in the Bible for special celebrations, that may go on for days. I spend some time reverently contemplating the donkey ride to Bethlehem, the sacrifices of that beautiful, young mother and her good husband, the sacred nature of the Son born that night in such humble surroundings. I feel blessed to think about what that means for me, that I can worship and adore, all these years later, that same Immanuel, God with us.

He lives! Let's celebrate the birth, life and teachings of Jesus Christ, and let us rejoice in his resurrection from the tomb, that we too can be resurrected and live once again in the presence of God! I love to sing at Christmas too; so with the angels that first Christmas night: "Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth, peace, goodwill toward men!" May his abiding love be with you all year through.

Jenny


-graphic from Free Pretty Things For You

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!