Thursday, June 23, 2016

Buttermilk Cornmeal Waffles


These golden waffles have a little crunch from the cornmeal. They are nice for breakfast, but they would be fun to top with taco meat and toppings or chili and cheese and sour cream for a quick weeknight meal too. The recipe came from a cookbook called Retro Breakfast.

Buttermilk Cornmeal Waffles
1 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. cornmeal
pinch of salt
1/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. melted butter or oil

Mix all and cook in hot iron.
Notes: The thickness of the buttermilk varies a little. You can add a little water to the batter if it is too thick.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!