Monday, July 3, 2023

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

 

This is a down-home, just right, sort of cookie. The recipe comes from the Women of the Farm Bureau 25 Years cookbook. Great for packing in a picnic lunch or for taking to a potluck this summer. Happy 4th of July! For more potluck ideas for The Glorious 4th, click here,

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies


2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. quick cooking rolled oats
2 c. flaked coconut

Mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together.  Cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add flour mixture in 4 parts, beating just until smooth after each addition. Stir in rolled oats and coconut. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. If desired, you can sprinkle with more coconut. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 10 min. Yield: 2 1/2 dozen


Notes: I didn't sprinkle with extra coconut.



Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!