Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Macaroni and Cheese- The Good Kind

I like homemade macaroni and cheese only when it is really cheesy and creamy and well seasoned.  I have tried a lot of recipes, with only so-so happiness about them, but at some point, I found a recipe with sour cream in it and thought that might be the secret.  After a few trials, this is my happiness-approved recipe. Hope your happiness approves too.

Macaroni and Cheese
5 Tbsp. butter
5 Tbsp. flour
3 c. milk
3 c. shredded cheese (sharp cheddar is especially good, also Swiss. I usually mix my favorites)
1/4 c. grated Parmesan
1 1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. Creole seasoning (I like Zatarain's)
3/4 c. sour cream
1 lb. pasta, cooked according to package directions (elbow macaroni if you like)
seasoned bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a 2 qt. microwave safe dish, combine flour and butter, and microwave 1 min. to melt butter, then stir together and whisk in milk.  Microwave a minute or two at a time, stirring between, until thick.  Stir in cheese, seasonings and sour cream.  Grease a 9x13 baking pan. Stir the pasta and sauce together (I usually do this in the 9x13), sprinkle with bread crumbs and a little more Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 min.

Notes: You could use any all purpose seasoned salt blend if you don't have or don't like the Creole
seasoning, the Creole is my current personal favorite. My kids are divided on liking the bread crumbs, if you are in the no crumbs camp, there is no reason you couldn't heat this through in your microwave after you stir it all together, just use a casserole dish that will fit in yours.
Jenny



1 comment:

Xinng said...

Thanks for suggestion...... For more visit schezwan sauce wholesale

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!