Monday, July 1, 2024

Grandma Ellen's Meatballs

 


This recipe was shared with me by my friend MaryAlice. They are yummy meatballs covered in a sweet and tangy sauce, very easy to make. She always serves them over brown rice, so I am also including the recipe I use for making brown rice in the pressure cooker.

Grandma Ellen's Meatballs
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
3/4 c. oatmeal
2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. dried, minced onion
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Using a large scoop or your hands, form meatballs and place them on a baking sheet. 

Sauce:
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. vinegar
2 tsp. prepared mustard
1/2 c. barbecue sauce
2 tsp. Worcestershire  sauce

Mix sauce ingredients with a whisk until smooth then pour over raw meatballs in pan. You may have too much sauce to fit in the pan. Extra sauce can be heated in the microwave later. Don't overfill the baking sheet. (see Notes) Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes. You want the meatballs to be a nice brown on top and the sauce to be thick. Serve over brown rice topped with the yummy sauce.

Brown Rice (for pressure cookers such as the Instant Pot)
2 c. brown rice
2 1/2 c. water
1/2 tsp. salt

Stir ingredients in the pot. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before releasing the steam. Fluff and serve.

Notes: You can also scoop your meatballs into a 9x13 which will ensure you can cook all your sauce with the meat, but be aware your cooking time will increase by as much as 20 minutes.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!