Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cheesy Chicken and Rice

Easy comfort food!  My kids love this one.  You can use any cheese you like. (Well, Gorgonzola may be a bit weird...)

Cheesy Chicken and Rice
Combine and cook: 4 c. water, 2 c. rice, 2 chicken bouillon cubes

When cooked, add:
1 can each cream of chicken and cream of celery soups
½ can (12 oz.) of evaporated milk
1/2 c. water
4 Tbsp. butter or margarine, cut into cubes
¾ c. shredded cheese
2 c. cooked chicken, cubed
1-2 Tbsp. dry minced onion
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Seasoning salt to taste

Stir together, top with more cheese and bake or microwave until heated through. (Microwaving takes about 10 min. in my 1100 watt microwave)

Notes:  I have also made this with one can of soup, 1/2 c. sour cream and some milk or water to make it saucy enough.  We like to serve it with seasoning salt.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!