Thursday, April 22, 2010

Peanut Butter Quesadillas

Welcome Peanut Butter Lovers! This recipe is especially popular among the kindergarten age group in my house, but I must admit to eating several of them myself! The recipe is presented here and includes one variation.

Peanut Butter Quesadillas
















4 Tbsp. Peanut Butter

4 Tbsp. Grape Jelly or Strawberry Jam

4 Flour Tortillas

Powdered Sugar

Oil for frying

Spread 1 Tbsp. peanut butter on ½ of each tortilla. Spread the other half with 1 Tbsp. your choice of jelly. Fold in half on the line between the peanut butter and jelly. Heat a little oil in a skillet for frying. The only trick to these is to get the oil nice and hot, so they cook and crisp quickly, but you don’t want them to burn. When the oil is hot, place one quesadilla in the skillet and let it fry until golden brown. It should only take about 30 seconds. Turn to brown on the other side, then place on a paper-towel-lined plate to cool. Slice into triangles with a pizza wheel and sprinkle each serving with powdered sugar. Serve warm. Yield 4 quesadillas Variation: Omit jelly and fry as directed, but serve topped with sliced banana and a dollop of whipped cream.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!