Friday, April 30, 2010

Ranger Cookies

This makes a nice, big batch of cookies.  They are a favorite for taking on road trips. I love the crunch from the cereal.
Ranger Cookies

1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 c. shortening
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 c. oatmeal
1 c. rice krispies or corn flakes
1 c. nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips

Cream the sugar and shortening together, add the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Then stir in other ingredients. Bake 10 min. at 350. Do not overcook. Take out when doughy looking.

Notes:  I use rice krispies, and chocolate chips and raisins in this. You can also substitute 2/3 c. oil for the shortening.
Jenny

1 comment:

The Land of the Blue Flower said...

Awesome recipe, I love the crunch from the cereal. I forgot how good these cookies are.

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!