Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shepherd's Pie

This recipe is such a standard, that you probably all have the recipe, but my kids will want it someday, and they will look on the internet for it!  So here it is.

Shepherd's Pie

1 lb. ground beef, browned with
1/2  onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 can (15 oz) green beans, drained
1 can (10 oz) tomato soup
6 cups mashed potatoes (seasoned as you like)
1 c. grated cheddar cheese

In a 2 qt. casserole dish combine the browned beef, the soup and the beans and stir them together.  Using a spatula, spread this evenly into the bottom of the dish.  Top with mashed potatoes and grated cheese.  This can be microwaved for 9 minutes, or baked until heated through, about 25 min. at 350.  We serve this with biscuits.

Tips:  If you store browned ground beef in your freezer, this becomes almost an instant meal!

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!