Monday, April 26, 2010

Yeast Biscuits

These are so yummy!  This is from Taste of Home many years ago.  They have been a favorite at our house. In this photo, I have shaped them like traditional rolls instead of cutting them like biscuits.  They take some time to make, this one is one to plan ahead for.


Yeast Biscuits
1 Tbsp. yeast
½ c. warm water
½ c. sugar
½ c. butter or margarine, softened
1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ tsp. salt
2 c. whole wheat flour
2 c.  all purpose flour

Dissolve yeast in water; add sugar, butter, milk, eggs, salt, and whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough white flour to make a soft dough, knead 6-8 min. Cover and let rise until double about 1 ½ hours. Punch down, let rest 5 min. Cut biscuits and place on greased baking sheets. Let rise until double. Bake at 375 for 10-12 min. or until golden. Yield 2 ½ doz.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!