Friday, April 23, 2010

No Bake Granola Bars

I combined several recipes and did a lot of tweaking to get this one to where I love it.  It fills my 12 x 17 pan perfectly.  The bars can be served immediately, but they will be crumbly until they cool completely.

No Bake Granola Bars



Spray a big cookie sheet with pan spray. In a big bowl, combine:

5 c. oatmeal
6 c. Rice Krispies (or 4 c. Rice Krispies and 2 c. other cereal)
1 c. raisins
½ c. coconut

In microwave safe bowl, combine:

1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. corn syrup

Microwave on high 2 min. and stir. Microwave about 2 more min. just until sugar dissolves and it is bubbling.

Add 1 tsp. of vanilla, stir. Pour peanut butter mixture over oatmeal mixture. Combine with a big spoon. Add 1 c. chocolate chips. Stir quickly and spread onto cookie sheet. Wet hands with cold water and press mixture into cookie sheet. Cut while still warm into about 44 bars. Store in air-tight container. (Note: my microwave is 1100 watts.  You may need to adjust cooking time in yours.)



Jenny

1 comment:

The Land of the Blue Flower said...

Thanks for an awesome recipe. My kids love these!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!