Friday, April 23, 2010

Frito Burritos

This one is good for hearty eaters or a crowd. You can serve it with other taco toppings, chopped lettuce and tomato, etc.

Frito Burritos (Becky)
Brown 1 lb. hamburger with ¼ c. chopped onion.

Add: 1 can kidney beans, undrained
¾ c. uncooked rice
1 can (15 oz.) dice tomatoes with juice
1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
½ tsp. chili powder
1/2 c. water

For serving:
Fritos or other corn chips
sour cream
grated cheese
flour tortillas
any taco toppings you like

Stir together, and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is tender, about 20 min.
To serve: Spread some rice and bean mixture in a flour tortilla.  Crush a handful of Fritos or other corn chips over the top and sprinkle with a little cheese and roll up.  Top with sour cream. Serves 8-10

Notes: A nice side for this is a fruit salad.  You might like Fluff Salad or  Dump Salad. Since posting this years ago, I have also found that substituting a pound of bulk ground sausage for the beef is excellent. My kids prefer it.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!