Friday, April 23, 2010

Gorgonzola Dip

This recipe was given to me by my friend Molly.  It is so yummy, I always think I could swim in it!  This makes a big bowl of dip, you can cut the recipe in half if you like.  It is good with veggies and crackers.  Use wedge Gorgonzola if you can get it.  Crumbles will make the dip go runny after a couple of days.  It will keep in the fridge for about 10 days and you can thin it with a little milk for salad dressing.

Gorgonzola Dip
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. sour cream
Milk for thinning
½ tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 c. crumbled blue cheese, we like Gorgonzola
1 tsp. sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

In a 2 quart mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer until smooth, add mayo and sour cream. Mix until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients, using a little milk to thin to desired consistency. Let set for ½ hour in refrigerator for flavors to blend. Serve with crackers, chips or vegetables for dipping.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!