Friday, May 28, 2010

Brown the ground beef...

When your recipe calls for browning ground meat, take it literally.  There is a stage in cooking where there are a lot of pan juices and the meat is a gray, almost brown color, but this is not where you should stop the cooking process.  If you give it just a few more minutes, the gray will turn to brown and the water will evaporate off, leaving you with only fat to spoon off.  The flavor will improve with these few minutes too. When I teach this to my children, we use a little reminder, "Brown, not Gray".
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!