Friday, May 14, 2010

Chicken Monet

I really like this, but I must admit that getting my crew to eat broccoli is a chore. I make this only periodically and prepare to have thick skin for the nasty faces they will pull while we eat. Sigh.





Chicken Monet
1 pkg (12 oz) frozen, chopped broccoli
4 c. cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. sour cream
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese

Cook broccoli in microwave, according to package directions.  Combine sour cream, soup, chicken, mayo, and curry powder in a bowl and stir together.  Pour over broccoli, and top with grated cheese.  Microwave on high 8 minutes. (or bake at 350 for 30 min.).  Serve over rice.  Serves 6-8 (or 400 children who hate broccoli)
Notes: I stir my broccoli in with the soup mixture.  You can also prepare this ahead by stopping after you top it with cheese, and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.  Then it is ready as fast as you can heat through.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!