Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hawaiian Curry

We call this Hawaiian Haystacks. A favorite at our house!

Hawaiian Curry
5 Tbsp. margarine
1 chopped onion
6 Tbsp. flour
1/2 -2 tsp. curry powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 c. chicken broth
2 c. milk
1 small can mushroom stems and pieces
2 1/2 c. chicken or turkey, cooked
cooked rice

Melt margarine and saute onion.  Add next 5 ingredients and mix well.  Stir in milk and broth, stirring until mixture thickens.  Add mushrooms and chicken and simmer 20 min.  Serve over rice and top with your choice of condiments:

Bacon bits
chopped eggs
pineapple chunks
flaked coconut
raisins
chopped green onion
chopped tomatoes
sliced bananas
chopped, salted peanuts
salted sunflower seeds

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!