Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mom Parker's Meatloaf

Whenever I make meatloaf, I always put potatoes in the oven to bake at the same time.  You can make this ahead and refrigerate the meatloaf before baking, just be sure to put your pan into a cold oven if it is made out of glass. Leftovers make great sandwiches!

Mom Parker's Meatloaf
2 lbs. hamburger
1 c. cracker crumbs
3/4 c. chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. oregano
1 egg
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 c. grated cheese
1/4 tsp. celery salt
1 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce

Mix all ingredients except cheese.  Flatten out on wax paper; sprinkle with cheese and roll up like a jelly roll.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.  Just before meatloaf is finished, spread a mixture of catsup and brown sugar over the top to 'bubble'.

Notes: I love this recipe, but I use oatmeal in place of the cracker crumbs, and I just stir the cheese in with all the other ingredients.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!