Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hebleskivers

This recipe was given to me by a dear friend for Christmas, along with an hebleskiver pan.  Now they are a Christmas morning tradition at out house.


Grow Family Hebleskivers

2 c. buttermilk
3 eggs, separated Beat egg whites stiff!
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
2 c. flour
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar

Beat egg yolks, add sugar, salt and milk. Add flour, soda, baking powder. Fold in beaten egg whites. Spray with Pam into each cup of the hot hebleskiver pan. (Heat pan on medium heat.  You will battle the little cakes if the pan is too hot.)

Place a small amount of batter (fill cup 2/3 full) in pan.

Cook one side until brown, turn and cook on other side. I use a fork for this. Be careful to make sure it is cooked thoroughly inside. If they are gooey, your stove may be too hot.

Melt 1 cube butter and roll cooked hebleskiver in the melted butter then roll in powdered sugar or granulated sugar. (You can double the recipe.) Enjoy!

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!