Monday, May 3, 2010

Piadina (Italian Flat Bread)

This recipe came from Recipezaar.  I have changed it to suit the way I cook and our tastes.  It really is a fun bread!

Piadina (Italian Flat Bread)

3 c. flour
3 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. salt
1 pinch baking soda
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 c. ice water

Heat a griddle or large skillet on medium heat.

Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Make a well and add the oil and water. Stir the flour into the liquid until it forms a dough. Knead a few times until the dough is smooth. If it needs more water, add it a tablespoon at a time.

Divide dough into 8 pieces for individual servings or 4 pieces if you would like to use it as thin pizza crust. Roll to a thin circle, the thinner, the better.

Brush skillet with olive oil and place flat bread in skillet. Prick bread with a fork. Brush the uncooked side with oil and turn bread to cook other side. The bread will cook quickly. Repeat with remaining dough.

We have enjoyed this with soup or pasta. I think it would be excellent to wrap fillings in!
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!