Wednesday, May 5, 2010

White Texas Sheet Cake

This one serves a crowd, and everyone loves the almond flavor. From my sister in law, Diane.

White Texas Sheet Cake
Bring to boil 1 c. margarine and 1 c. water
Remove from heat and add:
2 c. unsifted flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix well.  Bake on greased sheet cake pan (12x17) at 375 for 20-22 min.
Icing:
6 Tbsp. margarine
6 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. almond extract
5-6 c. powdered sugar
Combine margarine and milk in saucepan and bring to a boil.  Remove from heat and beat in sugar and extract.  Stir in 1 c. chopped nuts if you like, spread over hot cake.

Jenny

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a delicious cake recipe that feeds a crowd. I did find, however, that the baking time was less than what was stated in the directions. Other than that, this as an amazing cake!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!