Tuesday, June 15, 2010

German Pancakes


We have already discussed my obsession with pancakes.  This is a German pancake recipe.  Around our house, it is known as Grilled Zebra Butt (I know, SUCH language!).  It was named by my daughter when my son wandered in and wanted to know what it was...it does look a bit weird, but that is part of the fun!  I make 2 pans for my crew, and I mix the batter in the blender so it all comes out smooth.

German Pancakes
Heat oven to 450 degrees.  Melt 1 cube of butter or margarine in a 9x13 inch pan. (I put mine in the oven while it preheats.)
In a blender, mix:
6 eggs
1 c. flour
1 c. milk
pinch of salt

Process until smooth.  Carefully pour batter into melted butter and bake for 15 min.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.

Jenny

1 comment:

Karma said...

Sounds yummy!! Going to try it tomorrow :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!