Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Applesauce Muffins

This recipe makes tender, delicious little gems for breakfast.  My children love the sugared tops.

Applesauce Muffins
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
3/4 c. applesauce
1 1/3 c. flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix wet ingredients in a bowl, then gently stir in the flour, baking powder and salt.  Scoop into muffin pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. for regular sized muffins. (Bake for 10-15 min. if making mini muffins).  While warm, dip the tops in melted butter and then into a sugar cinnamon mixture. 1/4 c. sugar and 1/8 tsp. cinnamon.  Serve warm. Yield 1 dozen.

Notes:  I double the batch for my family.  I substitute oil for the butter and use 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 white flour.  I like to use softened margarine/butter and a pastry brush to apply butter to the tops before dipping in the cinnamon sugar.
This is a photo of a variation: I used all whole wheat flour and brown sugar instead of white.  Also Yummy!
Jenny

2 comments:

AO said...

I'm totally making these this week. YUM!!! We have a LOT of applesauce at our house :)

Leslie McAllister said...

These were really yummy.They were so soft and moist with just enough of the apple taste.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!