Thursday, November 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Goop

Introduced to me (and named) by my sister, this is a great snack and a hurry up treat for anytime.  It is hard to stop eating it.  We have been known to eat it out of the bowl, just like sharing popcorn at the movies.

Peanut Butter Goop
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. corn syrup
1/2 c. sugar
about 6 c. corn flakes or other cereal

Combine the peanut butter, corn syrup and sugar in a microwave safe container.  Heat in the microwave on high for 2 min.  Stir, and heat for about 2 more minutes.  You are watching for the mixture to boil and the sugar to dissolve.  Add corn flakes and stir to coat.  Pour onto greased cookie sheet and pat out.  Cut into squares.

Notes:  Cheerios are a good substitute for the corn flakes.  You can make this recipe as big or small as you like, just keep the amounts of the first three ingredients equal in proportion to each other.

Jenny

1 comment:

Karma said...

I make this often - we use cheerios and call it "Cheerio thingys" Yes, the Hopes are so orginial and gramtically correct! In college I had a roomate who called it poop - she ate it anyway!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!