Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sugar and Spice Cookies

One of my absolute fall favorites!  I love the molasses and the lemon together! An old Taste of Home recipe.

Sugar and Spice Cookies
3/4 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. molasses
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt

Lemon Frosting:
2 c. powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. margarine, softened
1 tsp. lemon zest
3 - 4 Tbsp. lemon juice

Cream first four ingredients together.  Combine dry ingredients and add to wet, mix well.  Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 min.  Cool.  For frosting: cream sugar, butter, and lemon zest in a bowl.  Add lemon juice to spreading consistency.  Frost cookies.  Makes 4 1/2 dozen.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!