Monday, November 1, 2010

Jello Popcorn Balls

I always associate popcorn balls with Halloween, but children enjoy them anytime.  Even big children. :) This recipe is easy and can be any color you like.

Jello Popcorn Balls
1 c. sugar
1 c. white corn syrup
1  small pkg. jello, any flavor

Place the ingredients in a small saucepan, stir and bring to a boil.  Pour over 6 quarts of popped popcorn and mix well.  Mold into balls.

Notes:  There is a note on this recipe that you can substitute puffed rice for popcorn.  I don't know if they still make puffed rice, but I have done this when my children were very small and couldn't chew popcorn well.
I wet my hands under cold running water to form the balls.  When the popcorn starts to stick, wet hands again.  You can also grease your hands with some butter.

Jenny

2 comments:

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

I've totally made these before! Great Recipe! :-)

Thanks for linky to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! (next week's theme is National Men Make Dinner.... let's see if we can get lots of men in the kitchen cooking!)

Marilyn said...

Ok, this is a 1st for me.. I HAVE to try it.. looks delish.. : ))I would LOVE for you to share this at my Pin'Inspirational Thursday linky party if you dont mind pweeease :))-- TY,, http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pininspirational-thursdays-linky-party_26.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!