Friday, December 17, 2010

Gingerbread

This is a classic seasonal favorite.  When I smell it baking, I get the warm glow only comfort food can bring!

Gingerbread
1/3 c. sugar
2 1/3 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. orange rind (optional)
1/2 c. margarine
1 egg
1 c. molasses
3/4 c. hot water

Combine dry ingredients and orange rind.  Cut in margarine.  Add egg, molasses and hot water.  Beat well with an electric mixer.  Pour into a greased 9x9 inch pan.  Bake at 350 for 40-50 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Serve gingerbread with sliced bananas and whipped cream, or with lemon sauce. (recipe follows)

Jenny

1 comment:

Leslie McAllister said...

This was SO yummy and in my opinion if you drench it in the lemon sauce it tastes even better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!