Monday, December 27, 2010

Russian Tea Cakes

I've been craving these for a few weeks now, so this is what we made for Santa this year.  I've also heard these called Mexican Wedding Cookies.  Whoever has claim to them doesn't really matter to me, I just love them!


Russian Tea Cakes
1 c. butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix together.  Add:
2 1/4 c. flour
3/4 c. nuts, chopped fine
1/4 tsp. salt

Chill dough.  Shape into 1 inch balls.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 min. on ungreased baking sheet.  Roll in powdered sugar while warm.  Cool.  Roll in powdered sugar again.

Notes:  I've had these with walnuts and pecans, and like them both.  You can crowd these onto the cookie sheet as they get a bit bigger, but they don't flatten or spread. I've also cheated a bit on these using half butter and half margarine (in a pinch)  and they turned out fine.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!