Saturday, July 30, 2011

Oatmeal Biscuits

Remember my retro food processor?  My grandparents recently moved and I inherited a small box of cookbooks.  Among them was an instruction book for my model food processor! I flipped through some of the recipes and found this one that was a huge hit at my house.  We love biscuits and I serve them often alongside a casserole.  This is a drop biscuit, a variation on a baking powder biscuit.  I have written the food processor instructions, but I am pretty sure this could be stirred together by hand with good results.

Oatmeal Biscuits
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. quick oats
4 1/2 tsp. baking powder
4 Tbsp. butter or margarine, chilled and cut into cubes
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
3 Tbsp. honey

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Position knife blade in bowl of food processor.  Add flour, baking powder, salt and butter. Process for 10 seconds.  Remove cover and add oats, egg, milk and honey.  Process until just moistened--about 5 seconds.  Remove knife blade.  (If any of the flour remains unblended, stir in with rubber spatula.)  Drop by well rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8 min.  Serve hot with butter and jam. Makes about 18 biscuits.
Jenny

1 comment:

AO said...

Another oatmeal recipe? I'm totally putting this in my recipe this week :) I'm actually going to the store today for a couple of things from your blog to make for dinner this next week, but this one I'm also doing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!