Thursday, September 22, 2011

Summer Bean Salad

This is one of my favorite lunch recipes for this time of year.  I love the garden fresh vegetables.  It is great with a crusty roll, or to take to a summer potluck.

Summer Bean Salad
1 can (15 oz.) white kidney beans or garbanzo beans
1 c. chopped cucumber
1 1/2 c. chopped tomato
1/4 c. minced onion
1 c. sliced olives (I like Kalmata when I have them)
1 c. cubed mozzarella
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

Stir all ingredients together.  Chill for and hour.  (You can eat it right away.  I often do, but the flavor will be more complex if it sits for a time.) 

Notes: Because of the cheese, it is best to eat this the day it is made.  I don't mind it the second day, but the cheese gets a soft, marinated texture. You can adjust all the ingredients to taste, this is an approximation of what I make--this and that until it tastes nice.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!