Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I have been looking for a good pumpkin muffin for years!  I am never quite satisfied with the taste, or the texture--wanting them to taste a lot like pumpkin pie, and not be dry.  I have a pumpkin bread that I love, but it is too involved to be tweaked into a breakfast muffin.  I hadn't given up, but I was becoming cynical. Today I am happy to post a pumpkin muffin that suits my tastes! It was quick to make, starting with a cake mix.  The result was a tender, moist texture and that pie taste I have been looking for.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 spice cake mix
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. water
4 eggs
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. sour cream or plain yogurt
pinch of salt
1 c. chocolate chips

Mix by hand until all ingredients are moistened.  Divide dough between 24 greased muffin cups.  Bake at 350 for 18-20 min.

Jenny

2 comments:

AO said...

Am TOTALLY making this on Muffin Monday day with pumpkins from oru garden. WAHOO! Can't WAIT!

Karma said...

Is that a small can of pumpkin? I am going to make them this afternoon - it is snowing lightly (requires muffins)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!