Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Marshmallow Popcorn Balls

This recipe was first made for me about 15 years ago by some friends to eat while we had a nice visit.  I love marshmallows, so I left with the recipe! This year, we pulled out the marshmallow popcorn to make into snowmen for a children's Christmas party.  You can make it into balls or eat it out of the bowl. For the snowman faces, my girls decorated each ball with raisinette eyes and mouth and used a small orange slice for a nose. They turned out cute, but sadly, no photos.

Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
4 qts. popped pop corn
3 c. mini marshmallows
1 c. margarine
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

In a large bowl, add the marshmallows to the popcorn and set aside.  In a saucepan, combine margarine, sugar and corn syrup.  Bring to a boil.  Simmer for 3 min. and remove from heat.  Stir in vanilla.  Pour hot mixture over popcorn and marshmallows. 
Stir until marshmallows are melted and all is well mixed.  You can shape this into balls with your hands by running them under cold water and then working with the popcorn.  When it gets sticky, run hands under cold water again. 
If you are using a popcorn ball maker, spray the inside with some non-stick cooking spray.  You can also serve this right out of the bowl as soon as it is cool enough to handle.

Jenny

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!