Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hot Cocoa Mix

We have snow! Really, it is almost the first time this whole winter!  The cold reminded me that I intended to share all my favorite warm drinks here.  These are the things the kids go for when they come in from playing in the snow. This post is followed by Cinnamon Milk Mix and Russian Refresher Mix. I try to keep them on hand all winter, they are so nice to have!
My mother made cocoa mix when I was a kid, my kids just think this is how cocoa is done.  The original recipe for this came from Make a Mix, but this is my own version, tweaked to my taste. 

Hot Cocoa Mix
10 2/3 c. instant  nonfat dry milk (a 25.6 oz. package)
2 1/2 c. powdered non-dairy creamer
2 c. powdered sugar
1 (20 oz.) container Nestle Quik or other instant chocolate drink mix

Combine all ingredients in a very large bowl and whisk together until it is uniform in color.  Store in an airtight, labeled container and use within 6 months.

To Make Hot Cocoa: Place 1/3 c. cocoa mix in an 8 oz. cup and fill with hot water.  Stir.

Notes:  We have gone through 4 batches of this since Halloween!  I have used all kinds of chocolate drink mixes for this, and although they all work, I really prefer Nestle. 

Jenny

1 comment:

Penny said...

I enjoyed! use to make those mixes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!